Installation Steps with Finished Square End Caps
Applications such as tile, marble or cement floor surfaces, purchaser must determine the proper mounting location and length.
Important considerations before you begin
The installation of square end caps is highly recommended for proper fit and finish at corners. The caps will provide proper fit and finish to the where the dam meets the side walls. Finished caps also prevent water from being trapped in the dam itself or exiting the shower area insuring a lasting easy to maintain water seal. A properly sized curtain with heavy tape weights combined with a water retainer is the most complete and effective system available today.
- Chemically clean mounting surface with clean rag and denatured rubbing alcohol. This is paramount to insuring proper adhesion
- Peel back orange tape approximately 24 inches
- Starting approximately ½ inch from square corner, press on and adhere first 4 inches of strip
- Stretch align and pull toward center of shower, press firmly to shower surface
- Pull and stretch to wall and align before removing remainder of orange peel-off strip.
- Peel back remaining length, repeat stretch align and pull to opposite corner
- Measure and cut excess dam with razor blade approximately ½ inch from wall
- Dry fit square caps to insure proper fit (trim if required)
- Remove caps and apply clear silicone adhesive caulk to male end of cap and re-insert male end into collapsible dam.
- Flex cap away from the wall to apply silicone caulk to wall side of cap.
- Release and wipe away excess caulking using clean alcohol-soaked rag.
- Apply masking tape to hold cap in position if needed until adhesive is cured.
Tile Application Grout Line joints
The grout line beneath the retainer must be caulked to prevent water travel beneath the dam. Wipe off excess caulk and let cure (according to caulk specifications) prior to use.